The e-Waste Association of South Africa (eWASA) was established in 2008 to manage the establishment of a sustainable environmentally sound e-waste management system for the country.
As a prerequisite for selling Electrical appliances in South Africa, the NEWMA Act and the pending Industry Waste Management Plan (IWMP) obliges Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Retailers, and Distributors of Electrical and Electronic equipment (EEE) to take back and recycle all types of end of life products
If your business is:
- On-line Retailer
- Retailers and Wholesalers
- o Distributors for Electrical and Electronic equipment
Do you manufacture and/or sell the following product categories?
- Large Household Appliances
- Small Household Appliances
- IT and Telecommunication
- Consumer Electronic / Photovoltaic
- Lighting Equipment
- Electrical and Electronic Tools
- Toys/ Leisure and Sports Equipment
- Medical Appliances
- Monitoring and Control Equipment
- Automatic Dispensers
WE WOULD BE GLAD TO SUPPORT YOU WITH
Assessment and Consulting
We are able to advise you once we have analysed your status as a Producer and your relevant product spectrum. This provides you with an overview of all obligations and costs on each country. We are also happy to work together with you on deciding whether to register
We prepare all the necessary contracts for you and register you with the relevant systems and national registers. We also provide access to authorise representatives for all countries in which you do not have own entities with which registration and appointment of the representative is required.
Classification of your products
Depending on the legal situation in the Country in question, we deal with your put in the market Declaration and support you with product classification in up to 120 different national categories. Your product portfolio musty be classified in each Country separately.
On-line put on the market Declaration
With the aid of an on-line platform, we help you with central collation of quantities put on the market and forward your data to the take-back systems.
We reduce the complexity of a non-harmonised legal framework for you:
- One central point of contact
- Professional administration of the product portfolio
- Central on-line put on the market Declarations
- Producer – founded and non-for-profit take back systems
- Many years of accumulated experience of experts
- Excellent price / performance ratio